*Pull- to attract, drawing towards oneself, influence.
*Push- to move something away from oneself, to move towards , to approach, advertise.
Did you notice the differences? If Yes, then apply it to Marketing.
*Pull- you draw customers to your business.
*Push- You meet customers.
The fancy name for ‘pull’ in marketing is INBOUND MARKETING while ‘push’ is OUTBOUND MARKETING.
In inbound Marketing, you pull. It can be defined as the act of making a positive impacts in your customers and business by creating valuable experience.
In outbound Marketing, you push. Outbound Marketing entails the acts, processes, ways by which a business owner sends out messages to customers.
These two forms of marketing is effective in customer retainment, attraction of leads and positive brand image.
INBOUND MARKETING TOOLS
The concept of inbound Marketing can be broken down into three according to Hubspot.
OUTBOUND MARKETING TOOLS
- TV commercials
- Radio Ads
- Trade shows
- Email spam
- Outbound sales call
- Billboard ads
- Magazine ads
- Newspaper ads
- Catalogues, etc.
* Notice that between the two forms of marketing, outbound Marketing tools are more costly and yet they are the most used.Inbound Marketing highly favours start-ups, small companies, and also certain B2B companies with limited ad budget.
HERE’S WHY YOU SHOULD SWITCH TO INBOUND MARKETING
inbound Marketing favours sales improvement and return on marketing spend while outbound Marketing is less profitable due to the; difficulty in tracking returns on investment (ROI), increase in blocking technique ( Blacklist).
Remember that inbound Marketing creates reasons for customers to seek you out. To effectively use the aforementioned tools of inbound Marketing, some strategies are important.
Some of them includes:
- Understanding your audience
- Review Facebook page to get insights about the demographics of your target audience and the type of contents that appeal to them.
- Ask questions and try to understand the problems your audience are going through, then strive to solve those problems by creating relatable contents.
- Survey your current leads and customers to identify areas where improvement is needed in your business and inbound Marketing approach.
- Funnel analysis
* Inserts digital marketing funnel
- Content Marketing
- Produce captivating contents
- Include a great headline ( adding a bit of negativity to the headline helps)
- Make your content more engaging with visual media like images, charts, etc.
- Write long articles- this not only helps your customers but also helps you to boost your SEO rankings
- Add stories to your write-ups
- Get great results using SEO by creating backlinks, researching keywords, understanding Google analytics.
- Create an email course
- Host webminar to interact physically with your audience.
- Use the right influencers to promote your brand.
- Email Marketing
- Define your worth
Identify the benefit of your brand to your audience and always endeavor to make room for improvement and changes by identifying what your competitors are doing and what they are not doing, also by picking out those features of your business that adds nothing to your customers.
- Measure and analyze your efforts.
Inbound Marketing basically is concerned with usage of SEO, Content marketing, social media and Email Marketing by businesses to yield high result at a no/little cost. Incorporate inbounding marketing strategies into your business to help you in navigating the various tools of an effective inbound Marketing.
*Click here to learn about SEO
*Click to read on Email Marketing
*Click to learn content Marketing